The company was founded on the 1st of November 1906 by broker Carl Sørensen.
Carl Sørensen passed away in 1961, and after his death his son Jens Sørensen was the manager of the company untill 1982 when he retired.
Since then the company was led by his son Carl Sørensen. He decided then to leave in 1995 and Heinz Petersen became the new 100% owner.
In March 2004 his son Christian Petersen took over the company.
On the 3rd January 2011 the company opened an office in Hanstedt, Germany.